Thing 7... All about Communicating

7:16 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
'h' 'O' '\ 'D' 'Y'



Email: Well as quick as it is to talk/send a message to the whole staff at one time, it doesn't get much use. One would think if there is some kind of even coming up or something that patrons are going to be coming in asking about, it would be important to keep the rest of the staff in the know, instead of just one or two. Communication is lacking at my workplace.

I think a lot of the other Web 2.0 communication tools would be so helpful. There have been many times that I had a question and needed only a quick answer, IMing would be a simple solution. Anyways, we are in search of a new library director, so maybe someone will be hired that has a fresh ideas and is open to implementing some of Web 2.0.

I happen to be the youngest employed at work, so I grew up using IMing services, and texting friends on my cell phone. So I'm no stranger to those forms of communication, the only thing I'm a stranger at is some of the shorten lingo that is used. I haven't searched the web for any cheat sheets yet. I'll have to do that someday.

0 comments: