Thing 2...

7:57 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Library 2.0, what an exciting time.

Finding time to blogg or explore what is going on in the world of Library 2.0, I don't have a time issue with that. In a couple of my classes, which are all online based, have me looking at websites, bloggs, I'm a Myspace and Facebook user as it is, to keep in touch with family and friends online. So finding time isn't that much of an issue for me.

I hope by participating in 23 Things on a Stick, I'll get a better idea of what is being used and how in the world of libraries in a virtual world. Also, to see what will work best for my own library.

The web has made much things easier for me. My classes for example, are all web based from the University of Maine @ Augusta. I'm not burning gas to drive to a college 2 hours away all to get a degree in Library related field. As for finding quick information, the web is a plus, but one needs to be aware of the sources, anyone can make a website.

As for my library being aware of Library 2.0 technology. I think we are dragging our feet on a few technology things. Though, I have been asked to suggest anything to make our site more interactive and such. One thing that our teen/reference librarian and I were in the talk with constructing, a teen Myspace page. So maybe we will get that up and running... start networking across the country.

But most importantly, I look forward to learning about all this Library 2.0 and ways to implement it into the library world.

0 comments: